Dear ILEA Colleagues,
We will have our first ILEA Institutional Forum for this school year in Ottawa – we bring the ILEA meeting to Ottawa every 2-3 years in order to accommodate our Eastern Ontario members who usually travel to Southern Ontario for our meetings. The meeting will be on Monday, November 19th from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. It has been three years since we last had a meeting in Ottawa, so we are looking forward to it!
We welcome topics for the agenda for this meeting. Please email me items that you would like to discuss by November 1st, 2018.
The following items will be included on the agenda:
- Review of “Enrolment Register Instructions for Continuing Education Programs 2018-2019” especially sections that pertain to IL-E and IL-S;
- Professional Development Planning for IL programs (as of this school year PD sessions are officially recognized on registers which is a major accomplishment);
- IL-E Curriculum: An Interactive Multi-media Curriculum Designed for the Extended Day Program in YCDSB;
- Safe School Procedures – sharing safety procedures across school boards;
- Discussion on Implementation of Indigenous Languages within IIL (Indigenous and International Languages);
- Overview of Task-based Teaching Workshop Ideas;
- Intercultural Understanding Strand of the IL-S Curriculum (ideas and suggestions, sneak preview of upcoming ILEA publication on intercultural tasks for classrooms);
- Global Connections in Schools – how IL programs can help schools connect;
- Child Care and Early Years (enrolment numbers in JK-primary division in IL-E).
A final agenda will be emailed at a later date and updated on the website.
The meeting will take place at the OCDSB Albert Education Centre (440 Albert Street, Ottawa, Ontario)
Please confirm attendance by emailing ILEA’s Chair, Luca at: email@example.com
Chair of ILEA
Categories: News & Events