ILEA’s next meeting will be hosted by the The York Region School Board. This meeting will be held at Dr. Bette Stephenson Centre for Learning at 36 Regatta Ave in Richmond Hill L4E 4R1 (click to see the area map).
The meeting will be start at 10:00 a.m. and end by 2:30 p.m. Lunch will be provided for members and guests.
For further information on location and directions contact the ILEA members at the York Region District School Board at: 905-884-2046
Items on the agenda:
1. IL Secondary Curriculum Update and Feedback Session (Curriculum Expectations)
2. Presentation from Dr. Shelly Taylor from Western University London, Ontario on Inclusion of L1 in Schools
3. Presentation from Dr. Masako Hirotani from Carleton University in Ottawa on Brain Research and the Implications for Language learning
4. Update from Karen Sklash on CESBA’s First Language Assessment Project for Adult Learners
5. Update from the Executive Director on Ministry of Education initiatives and other ILEA initiatives
6. Summer School Programs (Bring your information for sharing; IL programs, overseas programs, programs for international students)
7. Language Alliance Initiative
This promises to be a very useful meeting and professional development opportunity. You may also come prepared to pay your institutional membership for the 2012-2013 school year.
Other items for discussion should be sent to the ILEA Chair, Maria Makrakis (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please also let Maria know of your attendance at the meeting.
Categories: News & Events