Greetings ILEA colleagues!
Now that everyone is settled into their school year, we would like to invite you to our next ILEA Institutional Forum meeting to be held on Monday, November 6 from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm.
We are pleased that the Aga Khan Museum will be hosting this meeting.
The address of the museum is: 77 Wynford Drive in Toronto.
A special thank-you to Jovanna Scorsone and her team at the Aga Khan Museum for making all the arrangements to host our meeting at the museum.
If you have items that you would like to include on the agenda, please email agenda items to Luca Buiani, ILEA Chair by October 20th.
The following is a list of items that are already on the agenda:
1. Greetings and introductions;
2. Presentation of the multilingual children’s book “The Best of All Worlds – Le meilleur monde imaginable” – Gina Valle, diversity-matters.ca;
3. Presentation on the Aga Khan Museum;
4. Tasks for the Language Classroom – The Aga Khan Museum – an ILEA project funded by Aga Khan Museum and Ministry of Education – Mauro Aristegui, Constantine Ioannou;
5. Mental Health and Well-being – Nancy Baldree, Elementary Teachers Federation of Ontario;
6. Financial Literacy in International Languages Tasks for the Classroom – final release;
7. Summer School 2017 – Sharing of International Languages and Language Camps models and experiences;
8. Trillium – Question and Answer Sharing;
9. Discussion on IL matters for position paper for the Ministry;
10. Other agenda Items.
We look forward to seeing you at this professional learning and information sharing forum. We will be having Ministry representation at this meeting as well.
Two friendly reminders before our meeting:
1. Please submit your ILEA Institutional membership for this school year (2017-2018);
2. If you have not completed the ILEA survey for your school board, please complete it soon. We will be summarizing the results at the meeting;
Access the survey here – we need this information in order to have context for our future development and requests: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ilea2015
Luca Buiani, ILEA Chair
Categories: News & Events